Experience two of the greatest natural attractions in Puerto Rico, all in one day! This tour includes round-trip transportation, a fully guided El Yunque rainforest tour, and the world-famous Bio Bay Kayak Combo Tour.
- From :
- $ 75
Visit Puerto Rico’s Stunning El Yunque Rainforest
Island Journeys has put together an itinerary that is the perfect combination of hiking, nature, water activities, fun information, and relaxation — led by passionate local tour guides eager to share their island with you!
El Yunque Rainforest Tour Highlights
- Go with the most Professional Guides and get the Best Quality of Service
- Pictures from your Rainforest Experience!
- Eco Interpretation Throughout El Yunque Rainforest Trails
- Refresh in Beautiful Natural Swimming Pools and Waterfalls
- Slide Down a Natural Water Slide!
- Rope Swing into the River
- Jump from different Rock Formations
- Fresh Local Fruit, Snacks & Refreshments
EL YUNQUE TOUR – Tropical Rainforest
- Fully Guided El Yunque Rainforest Tour
- Professional Tour Guides with Lifeguard, CPR, and First Aid Certification
- Pictures Throughout El Yunque National Forest Tour
- Eco Interpretations Throughout the El Yunque Rainforest Trails
- Refresh in Beautiful Natural Puerto Rico Swimming Pools and Waterfalls
- Slide Down a Natural Water Slide in El Yunque National Forest Puerto Rico!
- Amazing Rainforest Hiking
- Rope Swing into the Best River in Puerto Rico
- Jump from Different Puerto Rican Rock Formations
- Fresh Local Fruit, Snacks & Refreshments
- All Necessary Equipment
- Training and Safety Instructions Prior to Tour
- Rainforest Entry Fee
- Transportation (Guests MUST have Rental Car – NO Taxi or Ubers!)
- Guided Tour Guide Gratuities (optional but appreciated)
EL YUNQUE FOREST TOUR IN PUERTO RICO
Start your day by meeting your guide at the local fruit stand “Frutera Flores” in the town of Luquillo. Here, your Puerto Rican guide will pick up a variety of fresh local fruit for the tour (included), and you have the opportunity to purchase some local fritters and/or a fresh fruit smoothie. After this stop, you will follow your tour guide to Puerto Rico’s majestic Rainforest.
El Yunque is without a doubt Puerto Rico’s greatest Natural Wonder. It is the only Tropical Rainforest, and the most studied Forest, in the United States National Forest System. It is the most biologically diverse forest, hosting hundreds of plants and animals, some only found here in Puerto Rico!
After an interpretive hike through natural trails lined with beautiful flora and fauna, and some river wading, we will arrive to a hidden gem found in the heart of the rainforest. This breathtaking segment of the 29,000 acre forest is like a natural playground. Here you will have the chance to swim in the natural pools, refresh in waterfalls, slide down an exhilarating waterslide, rope swing into the river, jump from different rock formations, and enjoy fresh local fruit with a view. Along with all of this excitement, you will also have time to simply relax to the sounds of cascading waters and take in the beauty of this very special place.
Meet at a Local Fruit Stand
- Guides pick up a variety of fresh local fruit for the tour (included)
- Guests have the opportunity to purchase local fritters and/or a fresh fruit smoothie
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Guests must have Rental Car to follow guides to Foothills of Rainforest (No Taxi or Uber!)
Arrival to Foothills of the Puerto Rico Rainforest – El Yunque Tours – for Check-In with Island Journeys
- Pass out equipment for tour
- Safety orientation and excursion itinerary chat for the El Yunque national forest tour
Guided Hike on Puerto Rico Rainforest Trails
- 30 minute hike in El Yunque national forest (approximate) depending on group size
- Interpretation of the area and different flora and fauna
- Cross through river and continue hike up river to first stop (10-15 minutes approximately, depending on group size)
First Stop at El Yunque Tropical Rain Forest
- Slide down natural water slide in El Yunque national forest!
- Refresh in a natural pool in El Yunque national forest
- Hike to next stop (10-15 minutes approximately, depending on group size)
Second Stop at Puerto Rico El Yunque National Forest
- Rope swing into the El Yunque national forest river
- Rock jumps
- Enjoy fresh fruit
- Relax and enjoy the area
- Refresh in a natural pool
Hike Back to Departure Point
- 20-30 minutes (approximate) depending on group size
Arrive at Departure Point
- Rinse off
- Change clothes
Duration: 4 hours (approximate)
Important Note: One of the things that we enjoy the most about our tours and excursions is that every day on the water, in the El Yunque rainforest, or anywhere in Puerto Rico, it’s a different experience. According to the specific weather conditions, seasons, and availabilities for any given day, your trip may vary slightly from our advertised offerings. It’s truly one of the most unique rain forests in the United States national forest system. On these rare occasions, our tour guides will select the route that they believe will be the most fun and enjoyable for the entire group. On some full day trips, a given trip may make an additional stop beyond what is advertised; at the same time, that trip may make one less stop than what is advertised. For that reason, we encourage you to choose your trips based on the rough descriptions provided here on our website and simply trust us to provide you with a wonderful experience.
- Face Mask (will get wet – we recommend cloth or bringing an extra)
- Cell phone (in the event that we need to contact you or you need to contact us prior to the excursion)
- Closed-toe shoes that can get wet/dirty, have good grip for hiking on wet surfaces, and provide comfort and support (no sandals, water shoes, or flip flops)
- Comfortable hiking clothes that can get completely wet/dirty
- Bathing suit (already on)
- Towel and change of clothes
- Water bottle to refill throughout the full day tour (provided if you do not have one)
- Note: Items can be left in your vehicle during Rainforest Tour
The difficulty level of this excursion is considered to be moderate to strenuous depending on your physical fitness level. It is very important that you are in good physical condition in order to participate and enjoy yourself. The terrain in the rainforest can be muddy, slippery, uneven and include river-wading, climbing large rocks and steep inclines. This excursion is recommended for guests with an active lifestyle.
⚠️The following guests cannot participate:
• Guests with neck, back, arm or leg problems or casts
• Guests with recent surgeries
• Pregnant women
• Guests who have epilepsy, heart conditions and/or dizziness
⚠️ Maximum weight limit is 250 lbs
⚠️ Minimum age is 8 years old
All guests must be able to communicate in English or Spanish. Guests that show signs of intoxication by drugs or alcohol will not be allowed to participate.
Please remember that it is your responsibility to share this information with the rest of your group and for notifying us ahead of time with any concerns about your health or physical condition for the excursion.
If you’re interested in visiting the Bio Bay (bioluminescent bay) be sure to check out our combo tour that visits both El Yunque and Bio Bay. The Bio Bay – bioluminescent bay – is a remarkable sight seeing tour where you can enjoy both El Yunque and the Bio Bay. Learn more about the Bio Bay and El Yunque combo tour here. If you’re staying in San Juan be sure to consider this full day tour for 12 hours. One of the best tours and excursions from San Juan. Puerto Rico’s Old San Juan has so much culture but our Bio Bay and tropical tour shows you the Puerto Rico’s natural side including amazing natural pools, waterfalls, water slides and more in this 12 hour tour.
This excursion requires a minimum of at least eight guests requesting in order to provide the tour. In the event this minimum is not met, we will call one or two days prior to the excursion to go over alternative options (i.e. reschedule for a different date or time that has the minimum requirement, payment options for a private excursion, or cancel without penalty).
We have a 48-hour cancellation policy for all of our tours and excursions. Up until 48 hours before your tour, you may change your reservation or cancel it for a full refund. Cancellations made less than 48 hours before departure time, late arrivals, and “no-shows” will maintain a full charge. All cancellations must be made directly with Island Journeys by telephone or email.
GROUPS OF 10 OR MORE GUESTS
Groups of 10 or more guests must cancel at least 2 weeks prior to the date of the excursion in order to receive a full refund. Cancellations of groups made in less than 2 weeks prior to the excursion date will maintain a full charge on any spaces we are unable to resell. Guests that are no-shows or late arrivals will receive the full charge.
WEATHER RELATED CANCELATIONS
If we are forced to cancel a tour due to weather conditions, we will offer you the solution that better fits your needs, including rescheduling to another date, booking another tour, or full refund. However, be aware that we are the ones that determine the cancellations due to weather conditions. Please do not make the mistake of deciding not to attend because you think the weather might not be acceptable, as you will still be charged if the trip goes out. If you ever have a question about the weather conditions, please call us to confirm.
Please note that there is a 15-minute maximum wait period at the “Frutera Flores” Fruit Stand, so it is very important that you are at this location on time. If for any reason you are delayed, please contact Island Journeys’ main office at 787-415-8284.
Due to the unique nature and small size of our groups, we are forced to remain firm about our cancellation policy. Consider that on the day of your excursion we will be there, on site, waiting, and ready to serve you. Regardless of the cancellation reason, our time and fixed costs are already invested; we may even have turned down other customers by holding your space. Thank you for understanding!
This policy also applies to cruise ship passengers.